Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Millions of women of all ages suffer with the debilitating and embarrassing effects of urinary stress incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. If you are one of them, take heart: there are simple, safe and effective treatments available right here on Long Island at Women's Contemporary Care Associates (WCCA).
Led by George Lazarou, M.D., Chief of Gynecology and Director of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery at NYU Winthrop Hospital, our team of fellowship trained, board-certified subspecialists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants works together with the referring physician to evaluate each patient, create an individualized treatment plan—and improve the quality of life—for a woman facing a complex urogynecologic condition.
Conditions We Treat
- Urinary incontinence (stress, urge, mixed, and overflow)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (uterine, cystocele, rectocele, enterocele and vaginal vault)
- Pelvic abnormalities including overactive bladder, painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis (PBS/IC), voiding dysfunction, fistulas, recurrent urinary tract infections, bowel incontinence, pelvic floor muscle spasm, congenital anomalies, and sexual dysfunction.
It all starts with a comprehensive, personal examination and evaluation at one of our locations. Each is equipped with the latest in diagnostic technology, so your exam may be followed by specialized testing performed on-site for your convenience, including uroflowmetry, cystometrics, cystourethroscopy, urethral pressure profile, leak point pressures, pelvic muscle evaluation and first-stage interstim testing.
Based on the results, your specialist will work with you to create a tailored treatment plan featuring the simplest, safest and most effective therapies. These may include office-based approaches, non-surgical options as well as innovative surgical options, available through our affiliation with NYU Winthrop Hospital.
- Advanced vaginal and laparoscopic surgery, including robotic surgery to correct vaginal or uterine prolapse using the daVinci SI surgical system.
- Minimally invasive slings for urinary incontinence
- Office transurethral injections
- Pessaries and other non-surgical alternative treatments
- Bladder instillations
- Vaginal reconstructive surgery including graft and non-graft augmented repairs
- Office peripheral nerve evaluation for refractory overactive bladder and bowel incontinence
Why live with urinary stress incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse any longer than you have to? To schedule an initial appointment with one of our board-certified fellowship-trained subspecialists, call 516.663.3010.