If you find yourself facing a high-risk or complicated pregnancy, now is the time to find out more about the Maternal-Fetal Medicine division of Women's Contemporary Care Associates (WCCA) on Long Island.
The WCCA team of perinatal specialists works together with your obstetrician to help optimize your health ... and the health of your unborn baby. Our affiliation with NYU Winthrop Hospital, which is renowned throughout Long Island for its high-risk obstetrics program and our state-of-the-art, patient-centered approach, give options and hope to women who may otherwise be unable to carry a baby to term.
Our comprehensive Maternal-Fetal Medicine program offers:
- High-risk pregnancy obstetrics care for mothers with such medical conditions as diabetes, hypertension, clotting disorders, renal disease, cervical abnormalities or medication exposure, as well as those carrying multiple fetuses.
- Advanced diagnostics such as 3D/4D ultrasounds, amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and cordocentesis for a fetus at risk for, or with, conditions such as chromosomal abnormalities and congenital anomalies.
- Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), which enables the detection of certain chromosomal/genetic syndromes as early as 10 weeks by a simple blood test. This offers reassurance and accurate results without the risk of invasive procedures for certain conditions.
- Specialized care for pregnant women with diabetes provided by a team of perinatal nurses, a nurse practitioner who specializes in gestational and pre-pregnancy diabetes mellitus and Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists. This multidisciplinary team approach also includes NYU Winthrop Hospital Diabetes Education Center all of which helps to improve pregnancy outcomes.
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcome evaluation and prevention for couples who have a history of preterm delivery, still birth and/or recurrent pregnancy loss. Directed by Wendy Kinzler, M.D., our team of medical experts work with each couple, and their OB/GYN doctor to understand the cause of an adverse outcome, potential future risks and plan for a successful pregnancy.
- Genetic counseling services for patients who may have special concerns regarding an ongoing or potential pregnancy.
For an appointment with one of the board-certified maternal-fetal medicine specialists, call 516.663.3020.