Today's advances in diagnosis and treatment offer cancer patients something they may not have had even a decade ago: hope. At the Winthrop Long Island Gynecologic Oncology Associates, part of WCCA, that's exactly what you'll find.
Our nationally-ranked team of gynecologic oncologists offers Long Island women diagnosed with any gynecologic cancer the most sophisticated care, compassion and access to the latest in advanced techniques.
Conditions We Treat
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian and peritoneal cancers
- Cervical cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Cancers of the vagina and vulva
- Premalignant conditions of the vulva, vagina, cervix and uterus
- Risk-reducing surgery
- Complex gynecologic conditions
Led by Eva Chalas, M.D., our highly-skilled physicians are at the forefront of cancer research and treatment. The cornerstone of our research program is overseeing the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) studies, a national, NCI-funded cooperative trials group whose mission is to pursue research in women with gynecologic cancers. Jeannine Villella, D.O., coordinates all other research activities, in addition to those carried out in collaboration with the GOG.
Women with known or suspected gynecologic cancers are evaluated and treated in WCCA's patient-friendly environment by some of the nation's top gynecologic oncologists using state-of-the-art diagnostics and therapies. Our Hospital affiliation means you'll have access to the resources and expertise of Winthrop's Institute for Cancer Care. The result is an individualized treatment plan that may include:
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, including the use of daVinci SI robot, single puncture laparoscopic surgery (SILS) and other minimally invasive methods that can help minimize pain, scarring and speed healing.
- A full scope of gynecologic oncology services, including access to clinical trials, radical and ultra-radical procedures, innovative methods of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and other advanced treatment protocols.
- Palliative care and extensive support services to help patients and their families cope with the non-medical aspects of cancer.
For an appointment with one of our board-certified gynecologic oncologists, call 516.294.5440
The WCCA News Network:
- What causes gynecologic cancer? This and other questions are answered by WCCA's Eva Chalas, M.D., who leads Winthrop Long Island Gynecologic Oncology Associates, a nationally-ranked team of gynecologic oncologists that offers the most sophisticated care, compassion and access to the latest in advanced techniques to women diagnosed with gynecologic cancer.